Friday, November 07, 2014

Interstellar

Interstellar exceeded my expectations on many levels despite my minor issues with certain plot points. The movie is obviously awe-inspiring with its visuals and I was very happy with the direction of the story and the surprises it offered, along with some emotional moments that had me choked up (no surprise there either). I might watch it again in the theatre next week.

I don't know if Interstellar will become the movie I want it to be, which will inspire the masses about space exploration; maybe no movie can do that for the majority of the population.

But if Interstellar even manages to breathe new life into the conversation about space exploration, if it makes some people ponder about space like they never imagined before, if it makes a new generation of people including the youth look up in the sky and wonder what if...?

Then I am thankful to Christopher Nolan for making Interstellar, as it would have served its purpose beyond just great entertainment.


No comments: