Monday, April 14, 2014

Weta District 9 Christopher Johnson and Son Prawns Statue


Got my District 9 Christopher Johnson statue today. I missed out on this unique piece when it went up for sale in 2011 and it's been one of my holy grails ever since.

I am now so happy to finally have this in my collection and even more relieved that it arrived in one piece, without any damages due to customs.

The statue is 1:6 scale and measures 14.2 inches in height along with the base. It's numbered #291 of 600.

Update (April 27):

I had also uploaded my District 9 statue image on Instagram two weeks ago. And now I am little ecstatic knowing that director Neill Blomkamp also "liked" the image yesterday :D

http://instagram.com/p/mxgYAfKAh_/#

 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same exact figurine and I would like to sell it. Do you know where it would be the best place to sell other than Ebay? I am looking for serious collectors.

thanks,

Lilly

Vivek said...

You could try Statue Forum.