Friday, January 01, 2016

My Top Favourite Movies of 2015

I saw 45 movies of 2015 and 13 of them were in the theater. My list of movies seen in 2015 is largely incomplete as I have yet to see The Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Bridge of Spies, Spotlight, Creed and several others which I missed out on.

Mad Max: Fury Road is my #1 favourite movie of 2015. The movie exceeded my expectations. The plot is simple and straightforward, but the characters are memorable while the action has set a new benchmark for modern day filmmaking along with its exceptional practical effects and stunts. Also I love the soundtrack by Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL), especially the track Brothers In Arms (Bikers chase sequence at canyon). The music kinda makes me want to go and exercise. (And I don't really exercise anymore).

My top favourite movies of this year are as follows. 


1. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. Inside Out
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
4. Ant-Man
5. The Martian

Honorable Mention (release date order): Kingsman: The Secret Service, Ex Machina, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mistress America, Sicario, Victoria, The Peanuts Movie.

Here is another great mash-up video featuring scenes from 2015 movies by YouTube user Sleepy Skunk.


And here is a nice quote by Guillermo del Toro about favourite movies.


As a refresher here are 60 movies from 2015 in release date order. And I am giving away some Blu-rays for RPF members for listing their favourite movies of 2015. Click here for details.

Jupiter Ascending
Kingsman: The Secret Service
What We Do in the Shadows
Chappie
It Follows
Furious 7
Ex Machina
Clouds of Sils Maria
The Age of Adaline
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Mad Max: Fury Road
Tomorrowland
Jurassic World
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Inside Out
Terminator Genisys
Magic Mike XXL
Amy
Tangerine
Ant-Man
Southpaw
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
Fantastic Four
The Diary of a Teenage Girl
Straight Outta Compton
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Mistress America
The Visit
Goodnight Mommy
Everest
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Black Mass
Sicario
The Martian
The Walk
Pan
Victoria
Crimson Peak
Bridge of Spies
Jaws 19
Room
Steve Jobs
Spectre
The Peanuts Movie
Spotlight
Brooklyn
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
Legend
Carol
The Good Dinosaur
Creed
The Danish Girl
Krampus
Macbeth
In the Heart of the Sea
The Big Short
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Son of Saul
Joy
The Hateful Eight
The Revenant

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mad Max? Really? Was it that good. I was kinda disappointed with the trailer so never ended watching it.

Vivek said...

Even if you have never watched the prior Mad Max movies, you should have given this a chance, it's pretty much a standalone film. But since the trailer didn't entice you, I don't know if the movie would have won you over. But it did for me and even I had my qualms with the trailer.

Also watch the original Mad Max trilogy if you haven't already, to familiar yourself with their world. The second one was the best so far, but this new one is my fav and an all time great action movie.